Antony, who plays for Manchester United, made an appearance on Brazilian television to reject the charges of assault against him and said, “I never attacked any woman.”
The 23-year-old forward was interviewed by Fofocalizando, which airs on the Brazilian network SBT. He stated that “the truth will come out.”
Following claims of domestic violence made by his ex-girlfriend against him, the police have begun an investigation into the matter.
In an interview with a Brazilian television station, a woman made additional charges of sexual assault against him, which are now being investigated.
On Monday, the charges that were made by Antony’s ex-partner were published by the Brazilian news outlet UOL.
Antony has refuted the allegations, which are currently being investigated by law enforcement in both Greater Manchester and Sao Paulo.
During the course of a lengthy conversation, he refuted a number of accusations that have been leveled against him.
When asked about violence against women, he responded, “It’s completely wrong, one hundred percent wrong. My mother and my sister both live with us. I hope that something like this never happens to them.
He continued by saying, “Being cut from the national team was a difficult decision.” It brought up a lot of sadness in me due to the fact that I know for a fact that it is not true. It is not easy, but we work hard and battle to make our ambitions come true, and this is especially true when we are representing Brazil in a competition.
Antony is accused of hitting his ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin “with a headbutt” in a hotel room in Manchester on January 15, leaving her with a laceration on her head that required medical attention. The incident is said to have taken place on that day.
She also claims that she was punched in the chest, which allegedly damaged a silicone breast implant and necessitated corrective surgery. She is claiming that the incident occurred.
On social media, Antony had earlier stated the following in response to Cavallin’s allegations: “I can calmly state that the accusations are false and that the evidence already produced and the other evidence that will be produced demonstrate that I am innocent of the accusations made.”
Ingrid Lana, a banker who is 33 years old, has also claimed in a brief tape that was shown in Brazil by Record TV that Antony “pushed her against a wall” at his residence in Manchester in October 2022, causing her to injure her head and require medical attention. This next weekend in Brazil is going to see the release of the complete interview with Lana.
Manchester United has stated that they are taking Monday’s allegations “seriously,” and Brazil has removed the player from their squad after “facts became public” that “need to be investigated.” Manchester United and Brazil both made these statements on Monday. The Red Devils have not issued a statement in response to the most recent reports, nor have they clarified if Antony will be included in the squad for their upcoming match against Brighton on September 16th.
Greater Manchester Police (GMP) issued a statement earlier this week stating that it was “aware of the allegations made and enquiries remain ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding this report.”