A younger Australian lady has had the culinary shock of her life after allegedly discovering a lifeless frog inside a bag of spinach she purchased from Woolworths.
Simone Baker took to TikTok to indicate off the gross discover, with a lifeless frog heaped on the highest of her spinach pasta dish.
“Woolies the recent meals folks, fairly actually a recent frog in my spinach,” she stated.
“Cant get a lot more energizing than that.”
Ms Baker stated she was “traumatised” by the frog-in-spinach shock.
“By no means been so excited to eat dinner in my life till I noticed that,” she stated.
One commenter famous the frog already had sauce blended over it, suggesting Ms Baker had swirled the frog round within the dish earlier than taking the video.
There isn’t any footage of the frog contained in the spinach bag.
Different commentators took a lighthearted view of the obvious well being hazard.
“That could be a delicacy in France,” a fellow Tiktokker stated.
“Are you able to drop the recipe? Have already got the frog,” one other said.
A Woolworths spokeswoman stated the grocery store behemoth had investigated the incident with the provider and Ms Baker.
“Our provider performed quite a few high quality assessments on this batch of spinach leaves and didn’t detect any overseas objects all through the processing, so this seems to be an remoted incident,” the corporate stated.
“We work with quite a lot of Australian spinach growers and take meals security very significantly and have rigorous processes to take care of our product high quality.
“For our baggage of spinach this contains washing the leaves and quite a lot of high quality checks, corresponding to X-ray checks for overseas supplies, earlier than they’re packaged and despatched to our shops.
“We take all buyer suggestions significantly and perceive this should have been an unwelcome shock for this buyer, notably with the web feedback on how scrumptious the meal appeared.”